Sunday, December 2, 2007

Waiting…


Finally. We’ve been waiting for a storm like yesterday's. 10 inches of beautiful, fluffy, white snow to protect our gardens and septic systems.

What yesterday gave me most of all was a Snow Day. The two most precious and exciting words for any kid who grew up in Minnesota. A day to stop, relax, watch Christmas specials, start my Christmas baking (Peanut Butter Blossoms – yum!), and hang out with my family. I don’t know about you but my fall was busy – school and activities began, a conference or two to attend, families to visit and to visit us, meetings, meetings, meetings. Fall wakes everyone up from the laziness of summer and a Snow Day brought me back down to earth. I am now ready to wait - for the days to get the longer; for the snow to fall; and the coming Christ Child.



God of all life,
Wake us up!
Re-create us,
Surprise us,
Challenge us,
That we may be ready to greet your light
And walk with joy through the day.

Jan Berry.

- Kari

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh cookies! The snow left me feeling a little different. I had to be out all day and driving was treacherous. Then, I got to come home and shovel. And to top it off, it prevented me from driving to see my boyfriend.

I'm sure the snow and I will make up soon.