Friday, December 14, 2007

Little Red Light

We're on this Advent journey. This seemingly out of control journey that is careening ever faster into December 25th. I need to step back and focus my energies on living honorably, as we were so challenged on the first Sunday in Advent.

I keep seeing bicyclists at night. Riding in the bitter cold with their blinking red light. One little red light to keep them from the speeding cars that threaten to run them over. One little red light into the dark. I never seemed to notice them before, but Peter used them as an analogy in a sermon this month and now there they are, all over the city. Their little red light is hope in the dark. Like little reminders for me of the coming gift, they help me focus.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I want to go to your church! These posts are beautiful!