Thursday, December 13, 2007

Reprieve

Surprisingly, I've been a little busy lately. It surprises me because I haven't been busy since the end of the legislative session. I've had oodles of free time partly because I was new to town and I didn't have any obligations. And I don't have kids, so it was just me to worry about.

Well, that just felt weird so I started going to things and doing little classes and joining some groups. Oh, and I got a boyfriend, who is just as smitten with me as I am with him which equals we never tire of spending time with each other.

All of a sudden it's the middle of December, I don't have nearly enough Christmas presents ready, I haven't baked anything and I have only posted once on the Advent blog.

Well, Tuesday night was a nice reprieve. That's the night every week when I sit down with a few other spiritual journeyers to enter the magical God world that the bible tries to explain.

We are deep into the Old Testament. The hard part. The part where God is wrathful and there are lots of wars and killing and yuck. I have a hard time sorting through it to find the nuggets of truth. But the people I study with are amazingly good and finding God moments and sharing them with us all.

Our leader really likes silence, which I am working on enjoying. So, it was a nice contrast from the hub-bub of the day to sit in the church basement and be silent and quiet and talk about God-stuff.

No comments: